Thursday, January 31, 2008

Obama Black?

Many who know me know I spent my teenage years living in Black neighborhoods and in majority Black schools. By no means do I think I "know" Black people--Indiana was still too segregated for me to ever truly know what moves and shakes even my Black friends--but I do think that if it weren't for the media pressing the point of Obama's colour, I don't think any one from the Near East Side of Indianapolis--if they REALLY knew about the man--would call Obama "Black." I think they'd call him a poser.

That said, give a listen to this very interesting broadcast of "Talk of the Nation" on location at Morgan State University on Barack's Blackness. It's good listening.

My favorite question: "What are you gonna do for us once you're elected?" one man asks Obama.

No comments: