Tuesday, January 22, 2008

John Edwards for President


I haven't had a hero in a long time. That is, until recently. John Edwards, with his egalitarian message and sharp, on-point oratory style, speaks to me--deep within me. And coincides with my original hero, my mom, who's mandates in life are championing poor people's issues, respect, integrity and accountability--all in the light of peace. I believe John Edwards has the same priorities, and I believe he has the gumption to actually make a difference on these fronts.

The CNN debate (http://www.thenation.com/blogs/campaignmatters?bid=45&pid=273552) last night only confirmed all this, while also confirming that, while Hillary Clinton (and to a lesser degree Barack Obama) would make a good president, John Edwards would be the consummate president--a president for the ages.

I heart John Edwards.

No comments: