Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ferraro's nuts



"I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"


Man, this shit is almost as entertaining as politicians caught in prostitution rings. Who knew Geraldine Ferraro was crazy? I'd like to think that she's just out of control and the Clinton camp can't reign her in, but I think it's more likely that they've all calculated this story will end up hurting Obama and helping them.

However, I doubt that's going to be the case. I think the Obama campaign is brilliantly not getting too involved and instead making themselves out to be the slightly-irritated parent who's waiting for a child to finish throwing a temper tantrum. The narrative of Hillary being power obsessed and doing whatever it takes to win is shaping up nicely. And they've finally found a way to challenge Hillary's only attack-line that sticks: the "experience" thing. (Greg Craig's awesome memo should be a template of the campaign's response. Now Obams just needs to find some way to connect with old white people (may be hard), but if he can figure that out he's got it wrapped.

1 comment:

Indiana said...

good use of "art," Mike!