Friday, March 7, 2008

Clinton: McCain more fit for presidency than Obama

This pretty much disqualifies Clinton for office in my mind. Think about that statement, and the context it is made in. Clinton would prefer McCain to Obama as president. That is bad enough. Throw in the fact that this is made in the context of an undecided primary whereby Obama may win and become the nominee. All this is going to do is help with the Republican argument, if Obama wins the nomination, that he is unprepared for the presidency.

What a fucking stupid thing to say. After that statement I would not vote for Clinton in the primary or the general. Period.

2 comments:

Indiana said...

This sucks.

But here's a good quote from the comment section on the Atlantic blog:
"Hillary Lieberman Clinton."

I think she's either floundering in desperation to lock down the "sure thing" she had going until January or--and, yes, I know I'm really stretching here but, still, I have to make the point--maybe her quote ("I believe that I've done that. Certainly, Sen. McCain has done that and you'll have to ask Sen. Obama with respect to his candidacy.") was completely taken out of context and misconstrued.

I'll have to root through the blogs later to find a primary source (damn you, blogs, for your incessant hearsay!), though I'm not encouraged that I'll like what I find.

Ho-hum, I want Edwards back.

I guess it's time to go back to the drawing boards on who to vote for.

smokestack said...

It wasn't just a quote out of context. She said in numerous times, and is continuing to say it. She is, in fact, making it a central line in her revised stump speeches.