Monday, December 31, 2007

Something non-political..

When I was a kid I spent every summer at a sleepaway camp in the US, and I met a guy there named Dan Meth. We haven't talked since the early 90's, but I recently found out he's become a relatively successful artist & illustrator. He's done editorial cartoons and newspaper comic strips, but he's best known as one of the biggest "internet artists". I think a few of his cartoons were the top viewed videos on YouTube for a while, which I guess is no small feat. Anyways, here's something of his that I kinda liked...he calls it the Smart-Ass Guide to New York City. It's not the most creative thing in the world (even I could've probably come up with better NYC stereotypes), but it's still pretty entertaining.


Other notable/funny alumni from my childhood camp:

-Nick Bernstein, VP of late night at NBC (dude is 30 years old and Jay Leno's boss)

-Ryan Erenhouse, former chief of staff to Sen. Jim Jeffords, who immediately quit politics and became a lobbyist when Jeffords left the Republican party

-Nina Gordon, lead singer of the band "Veruca Salt"

1 comment:

smokestack said...

I liked the cartoon for Staten Island. Cause I have no idea whats up with that place either.