Sunday, December 2, 2007

Iowa

I was convinced for the longest time that the 2008 presidential race was going to be Clinton-Guiliani (possibly Romney). But I'm starting to see how events could unfold in favor of an Obama-Huckabee race. Which I think bodes well for the prospect of a less sleaze-ridden election than what has become the norm. Although, the fact that Huckabee arranged the early release of a convicted rapist, who subsequently raped and murdered again, for the petty reason that the rape victim was a distant relative of Bill Clinton ensures that such a race won't be completely sleaze-free.

1 comment:

Mike D. said...

I love this shit. Obama/Huckabee couldn't be more ideal because Obams would totally win. Looking strictly at Policy I'd much rather see Edwards win, but I've long ago concluded that the US could use someone like good ole' Obams. I'm also a pragmatist, and there's no way Edwards will ever, ever win a general election. Obama probably could.

That's the same reason Huckabee is great. He's a lightweight almost to the point of being unoffensive (sure he may release convicted rapists and condemn homosexuals in the 90's, but hey, he's with me on fat kids), and there's no way the guy would win against just about ANY democratic candidate.

My money has been on Romney forever, but I'm starting to question it. Unfortuantely though, I think Guliani will benefit most from Huckabee's rise. It'll make Iowa, New Hampshire, and SC all very close, then Guliani will just clean up on super tuesday. And I'd WAY rather have a nice-ish religious fanatic in charge (what can they really DO, anyways) than an insane italian dude who make bush look almost complex.

woooord.