Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I think I'm magic

I am freaking out. I don't even have the words to explain. Other than to say that I think I'm magic.

Read this.

I JUST had a conversation last night that was point-by-point exactly what David Brooks writes about here. Exactly. And over the weekend, I watched (twice) a movie that sets out to explain all of this in the context of quantum physics.

Freaking out.

I also had a conversation about this and the Entanglement theory with a Polish physicist on a plane from Vancouver to Toronto last December. We talked "science and spirituality" for four hours straight while he helped me untangle a knot in my crochet work. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Freaking out.

True, you find what you seek out. But c'mon...

Freaking out.

2 comments:

Mike D. said...

Oh man, thanks for reminding me about this movie! I remember making a mental note to see it, then promptly forgetting about said mental note.

Indiana said...

get the "down the rabbit hole" edition because it has all these interviews with the people in the film, whose views dont necessarily match up with the filmmakers'. The Quantum Mechanics dude is particularly interesting, as he has a similar opinion to what I believe is Brad's--that while our brains and reality may be holographic, such does not make "consciousness" a valid theory. interesting discussion.