Friday, February 15, 2008

Africa!!!

So we just booked our Africa flights for the summer yesterday, and I'm pumped enough to note it to the blog. I guess I need to "blog it out" a little. You know, like how hippies sometimes just have to "drum it out"?

So yeah.... May 3rd. 2 months in Tanzania, Malawi and northern Mozambique. And possibly Uganda.
And if that isn't awesome enough (and it is), it includes a one day stop in Dubai on the way, and 2 days in London on the way home. Neither of which I've been to, and both of which I have long wanted to go to.

Word.

So if anyone has suggestions for places they have heard are good in those destinations, let me know. Although I can't imagine that one often comes across cool things to do in Malawi.

3 comments:

Mike D. said...

Oh man, Dubai. Amazing.

I can't explain this in any rational terms, but for some reason Dubai has recently jumped to #1 on my "cities I need to visit" list.

I can get you some recommendations for the best vegetarian restaurants in London...and they have some awesome ones.

smokestack said...

Same with me. My very original plan for a 2 month summer trip was starting in Istanbul and traveling by land across turkey and through iran, then ending in dubai (by ferry across the persian gulf).

its one of those cities like shanghai that are in a transition to becoming among the most important global cities. and its cool to see them in that transition phase i think. that is what i found cool about shanghai anyway.

its also the major economic center of the middle east, and therefore one of the safest and easiest ways to see a middle eastern country right now. dubai. word.

the notorious E.G.G said...

Dear Guarantor,

Please don't leave before you sign my papers.

Love Eggs.

PS. Congratulations on your tour plans firming up. I'm envious.